MediaWallah is looking for a self-motivated Sales Engineer to work in a cross-functional role, and support our new business initiatives. They will work directly with some of the world’s largest companies to develop and implement next-generation identity data solutions for marketing and advertising applications.
In this role, you will work at the intersection of Sales, Data Engineering, and Product teams to design custom solutions and lead client on-boarding. The ideal candidate will have a combination of technical and communication skills, as well as data-as-a-service industry knowledge. Given the rapid change in the identity space, we also want a candidate who has a deep curiosity to learn new concepts, can challenge existing ideas, and is willing to manage ambiguity.
Sales Engineer Job Responsibilities:
- Serves customers by identifying their needs and engineering adaptations of products, equipment, and services.
- Identifies current and future customer service requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual customers and others in a position to understand service requirements.
- Provides product, service, technical and engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Establishes new accounts and services accounts by identifying potential customers and planning and organizing sales call schedule.
- Prepares cost estimates by studying all related customer documents, consulting with engineers, architects, and other professional personnel.
- Determines improvements by analyzing cost-benefit ratios of equipment, supplies, or service applications in customer environment and engineering or proposing changes in equipment, processes, or use of materials or services.
- Gains customer acceptance by explaining or demonstrating cost reductions and operations improvements.
- Develops customer’s staff by providing technical information and training.
- Prepares sales engineering reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing sales information and engineering and application trends.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to sales engineering effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed, recommending options and courses of action, and implementing directives.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Sales Engineer Qualifications / Skills:
- Problem solving
- Product knowledge
- Selling to customer needs
- Software requirements
- Product development
- Presentation skills
- General programming skills
- Technical understanding
- Verbal communication
- Requirements analysis
- Familiarity with office software and phone systems
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- BA/BS University degree with a concentration in marketing, engineering, advertising, or business administration preferred
- 3 to 5 years of industry sales experience